Mathematics Medium Term Plan:
The national curriculum for mathematics aims to ensure that all pupils:
- become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics, including through varied and frequent practice with increasingly complex problems over time, so that pupils develop conceptual understanding and the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly andaccurately.
- reason mathematically by following a line of enquiry, conjecturing relationships and generalisations, and developing an argument, justification or proof using mathematical language
- can solve problems by applying their mathematics to a variety of routine and non-routine problems with increasing sophistication, including breaking down problems into a series of simpler steps and persevering in seeking solutions.
- daily mathematics lessons to be taught in line with the Medium Term Plans, with each unit incorporating calculation methods (where relevant), fluency, reasoning and problem solving
- counting session to take place daily
- early learning sessions to include mathematics tasks to rehearse and recall previously taught objectives ensuring skills are embedded.